Friday, May 4, 2018

My 12 year old is worse than your 3 year old...

I am getting into the groove of quiet days filled with time to do whatever I want. Sitting in the sun on the deck (HOLY CRAP THE SUN CAME BACK), playing with the dogs, crafting, and spending time with friends.

I am NOT in the groove of dealing with a 12 year old hormonal shit storm. You would think I would be, having just dealt with it a little over a year ago, but not so much. Rylie pretty much whiplashed me and I'm still reeling from her comedown to semi rational child. Caitie promised me she wouldn't do this, she swore she would be easier. I believed her, she's always been a pretty easy going kid. I suppose she's due for a rebellion. My saving grace is that it's only one of them, if both were struggling with their evil twin side, I'm pretty sure I'd be in a padded room speaking in tongues. I just keep repeating "I love my children, I love my children..."

I have finished my last private lesson client and am down to only one daycare puppy. It was sad but also a bit relieving as now I can focus on the enormous shit storm of finding a house in TN. Yeah, that's right, that lovely white house I was so excited about has turned into Amityville Horror and we are on the brink of walking away from it. Today is literally the last day for the sellers to decide if they are going to accept our terms for all the repairs or tell us to go pound sand. The repairs are not simple fixes either, mold was found in the air quality test and in the basement crawl space, a skylight is rotting and leaking and the HVAC units are original and there are no service records for them, oh and the stove came up as a possible recall hazard...to name a few! Our options outside of this house are minimal they are either on tiny lots or super expensive. I hate this process with every fiber of my being!

Mother's day is coming up, I've got my fingers crossed that I can make it through without being huddled in a corner crying! I've got hopes of a nice pedicure with my mom, a road trip to the Flume Gorge and taking pictures of the kids and I with my mom...yeah, we'll see how that goes! Either way, I guess I'm lucky to get to spend time with my mom, I know many people that do not, including my husband. I am always acutely aware of the loss of Carol at Mother's day, when the day is centered around me and my mom. I wish all those that have lost their mother's, love and peace on this potentially heartbreaking day.

I do have a new goal in life...it's a pretty lofty one too. I have vowed to be able to identify which show each clip in the opening credits of every season of friends is from! I am currently on season 3 (for the bajillionth time) and was doing well until, at episode 13, they changed all the opening clips! NOW, I have the question in my head of do they do that for every season? Now I have to go to episode 12 and 13 of season 1 and 2 to solve the mystery and make note of it for all other upcoming seasons. This is a big task, but I'm up for the challenge! Wish me luck in this useless endeavor! Honestly though, I can't even begin to say how many times Friends has helped drag me out of funks. I can't believe how it can still make me laugh out loud! After all this time? ALWAYS! 😜

Happy Birthday to everyone I missed on FB. I hope the year ahead is filled with more sunny skies than cloudy ones for you.

Never Give up and always be kind!

Random pictures to make up for boring post!

Enjoying the sun and furry friends





New life goal...



This makes me happy too!




No comments:

Post a Comment