Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Welcome to your 40's...they suck

Hind sight is absolutely 20/20. I vehemently wish I had paid closer attention to my eating habits growing up cause now, trying to change them, is like stopping Niagra Falls! UGH, it's so frustrating how my metabolism crapped out on me after having kids, my joints and body parts don't move and work quite like they used to and I wake up with new aches and pains every day.

I had a lovely, low key Mother's Day; ordered chinese on Friday night and relaxed watching The Greatest Showman with my mom. Saturday it rained, so we went and saw Infinity War at one of those theaters you can order food in, it wasn't as nice as the one I went to in GA, but the movie was INCREDIBLE!! We then grilled some steaks for dinner and watched Supergirl episodes all together. Sunday I decided I wanted  pictures with my girls and my mom as it had been about 11 years since we'd had photos all done together. It was a beautiful day and I THOUGHT we got some good shots, it turns out my giant pumpkin head (due in large part to my second chin) made the pictures cringeworthy for me. I decided not to delete all of them because composition wise there were some nice shots, but damn, 43 does not look good on me! I had already begun trying to eat better and move my body more so now I am making sure it's not just a "when I feel like it thing". I vow not to have a pumpkin head next Mother's day!

Anyway, it was nice to spend time with my mom and to have Steve home for the weekend. We are still plugging away at the house hunting and are both getting thoroughly frustrated and discouraged. Our house is in the final stretch of purchase and everything is moving along as planned for the June 20th closing. Keep sending us your good house finding mojo please, we need all the help we can get!

Keep plugging along, tomorrow is never promised!











No comments:

Post a Comment